Monday, January 08, 2007

All Work and No Play

Out here in sunny SoCal, I work for a women's website called Capessa. We went live on Dec. 21, through Yahoo. It seems like a pretty small thing, considering it comes out of three cubicals, but I'm starting to absorb just how big it really is.

Today we were featured in an article in the Wall Street Journal. Which is pretty awesome. Especially since the only major paper I've ever been in is the Herald-Leader. A couple times with letters to the editor, a couple times on behalf of Nougat, and once when I was in high school and I hit a grand slam. They actually used the word "fireworks" in that one. I mailed it to relatives.

Even though I'm not actually in the Wall Street Journal article as Amber, I am there as Capessa. And, my blood relative Leiah is actually pictured and named, so my energy is directly featured. Dear Elijah Maples is also pictured. Woo hoo. Check it out.

And then come to Capessa, join the Capessa group and celebrate the collective wisdom of women. Girls rule.

8 comments:

Jen said...

Congratulations!!! I went on the site today and watched Leiah's, Liz's and Leigh's stories - amazing work Miss Scott-Thomas!

Jen said...

Oh yeah, and your Mom's story! I'm stopping for today though because Maria Menounous and her perfect Pantene hair are on my last nerve.

Ms. Thomas said...

Sorry for all the ads. They just added those today. Now we need tivo for our web viewing sanity!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Amber. A job well done. As always, I'm so proud. Muah!

Heather said...

I am a bit sad that your Mom and I didn't make it, but how cool that both Leiah and Liz did! Guess maybe I needed an L name!
Again congrats, so proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Awsome Am. I want my own copy of the WSJ! I assume your company has a stack? Will you send me one? Way to go Am.

lizany said...

You can so totally be my agent. How much of a cut do I get for that half a column pic?

Amber rocks Santa Monica.

Leiah said...

Hey if you have extra copies of the actual paper I would like one too. The only paper I've ever been pictured in was the Nougat and I wasn't even mentioned by name in that one. If you can't get me a real life copy I saved my email versions. I am so proud of you for all the things you accomplished. I love you so much.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS