Friday, June 08, 2007

So Homesick I Could Puke

My mom is in England with my sister, my niece, my brother-in-law and now my dad. I saw Betsy, Leiah and Ben two weeks ago while I was in Cinci for work. And now I've come down with a serious case of the homesick that can only be cured with a good cry and some good Bourbon.

I normally do pretty good with the homesicks, thanks to Skype and free long distance on my cell phone, but for some reason, new babies and people not being on your same continent makes it a lot harder than normal. Basically that dull ache that sits in my chest all the time has morphed into something altogether unbearable. It feels sort of like my heart has twisted 360 degrees and now resembles an abused dish rag. I can't even describe the lump in my throat, but it's so bad I'd stop breathing if I could control it.

Being the one that goes away is so much better than being the one left behind. Where's the Woodford?

Reason I Need to Barf #1

Reason I Need to Barf #2


3 comments:

Shanonita said...

no barfing!! we didn't make the videos to make you barf. And we miss you too!! Ms. West Coast. We miss you so much we are shelling out unspeakable amounts of money to come to your third wedding in Jamaica!! Renee may not be able to go to college but she will have been at her auntie am's luxury wedding : )
love you

Lisa said...

What a couple of cuties!

Jen said...

If you being in Cincy means that Ben and Leiah come to town, then make sure you give me plenty of notice next time so I can be there!

Oh yeah, and these are the cutest babies I've ever seen!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS