So Mack calls me at work as he's walking into the door of our house after school, at about 4:30. We're all on the phone, howsyourdaying it, when all of the sudden he says, "Oh no. Shiiiiiiit."
Apparently he'd stepped in a couple piles of it that Venus had left on the rug in the kitchen, which is brownish, so it's no wonder a detail-blind Mack didn't notice it before he stomped it into the sole of his Gap flip flops. Which were like $40.
"I've gotta go," he says.
"Aw, shucks, I'm so sorry I can't be there right now to clean up this mess. I'm just so swamped at my insanely busy job looking at these interesting carpet tiles that apparently clean up with a baby wipe doing research to take this kind of responsibility for my dog," I said, sort of. It probably came out like, "Sucks to be you."
A few minutes later, I see him on Google chat and decide to lighten up the brown, muddy situation. I'll let Google chat fill you in on this part.
me: stop eating the poop, mister.
4:35 PM Mack: im about to man-cry
kitty keeps trying to show me the poop
me: no man crying! that is too sad.
4:36 PM tell kitty to shut the fuck up or we're putting her in a meat grinder!
Mack: wood-chipper honey wood-chipper
check your Gee-mailme: i want to put her in a meat grinder. and make kitty tacos.
Mack: i just searched for "painless way to poison a dog"
4:37 PM i'm checking it. heart the titles.
[Enjoy this snapshot of aforementioned titles.]
Mack: i just searched for "painless way to poison a dog" me: streaky poop kind of looks like bacon
[Enjoy this snapshot of streaky poop. I added roses to try to make it
i puked in my throat a little.
Mack: they are big... notice my sandals to indicate the scale
me: nice work honey. you must be a poop scientist.
[This is actually very funny because once Mack was being confronted by the neighbor about some poop in the yard and he said, "How do you know it's my dog's poop? Are you a poop scientist?"]
[Enjoy this snapshot of the poop with sandal for scale. Again, the butterflies are an attempt to make this situation more delightful.]
me: nice work honey. you must be a poop scientist.[This is actually very funny because once Mack was being confronted by the neighbor about some poop in the yard and he said, "How do you know it's my dog's poop? Are you a poop scientist?"]
4:39 PM Mack: i want to eat something but it smells so bad in there i could puke
me: ugh. i can't get the slime out of my mind and it makes me want to barf.
Mack: this life sucks
the slime on wet poop is nastier in real life than it looks on camera - the smell greatly enhances its nastiness
4:40 PM me: what is up with you and dogs pooping while you're gone and you having to clean it up?
[Enjoy this snapshot of wet poop. Hopefully the rainbows make it superdeeduperfied.]
4:40 PM me: what is up with you and dogs pooping while you're gone and you having to clean it up?[The day after Shannon's wedding another dog left a ribbon of barf and shit all throughout our house, and Mack was the only one in town to deal with it. He still smiles about that to this day. And he loves Shannon's Aunt Tiffany 4-ever.]
Mack: i'm going to put the dog and cat into the bath and throw your hair straightener into the water
if the lights go dark at zizo you know why
me: no!!!! that straightener is more than $100!!!
4:41 PM Mack: then i will find a cheaper appliance to use
me: the air pop popcorn maker was like $15. But I really like it.
4:42 PM Mack: am i a bad person for wanting to kill them?
me: am i? Mack: did you know that "Die dog, die!" means "The dog, the!" in German?
4:47 PM
Mack: YES KITTY I KNOW THERE IS POOP OVER THERE
4:51 PM
we could mail venus to your friend dave without him knowing
FedEX WILL DELIVER PETS
And so begins Venus' reunion with the long, lost love of her life... Dave. If I can just get Lisa to sign for the package...
And so begins Venus' reunion with the long, lost love of her life... Dave. If I can just get Lisa to sign for the package...


11 comments:
Wow! I like the flowers, butterflies and rainbows, they did ease the gross-ness. This post coupled with my visit to a friends house last week is making me think I'm OK without animals right now. My friend Christina's 3 lb weiner puppy had puked and pooped in her cage all day and Christina was cleaning it out when I arrived for dinner. I threw up in my mouth at least 3 times while I was over there. Turns out the puppy was sick, but it was still gross!
my gawd dawg! those pictures are gross and i was eating--blech! Poor Venus. Looks like she hadn't pooed in months.
gross.
poor mack. i would file for a dee-vorce: me or the dog honey.
Shan
Venus is going to a 10-acre doggy summer camp in the mountains as soon as I come up with the $500. By summer I mean forever.
is it wrong i laughed so hard at the poop fiasco i spit out my water?
i'm loving that ms. kitty was on the scene to deliver the business.
NOT ME! NOT ME! NOT ME! :)
i miss the entertainment of the mack and amber show. please come back soon, i'm bored.
I love ya Amber but I got a soon-to-be mobile kid on my hands. Venus is welcome to visit. Short term. Like for an hour or so.
good choice, lisa. venus likes to bites people who crawl on the floor, i know from experience. I was playing charades which involved some floor crawling and that really pissed Venus off and she nearly bit my face off. Her tooth scraped my nose. I don't like my family's dogs. The other one, the chihuahau tried to bit off my finger. Devildogs, that's what they are, devildogs.
actually, i think last time i couldn't quite read the post because i nearly puked but i read it again and poop scientist is very funny. mack really said that? what did the neighbor say?
fortunately our neighbors are mildly retarded, so things like "poop scientist" really leave them stumped. i like living next to our poor retards. they're much better than the rich retards we used to live by.
Freaking hilarious! Dogs must hate Mack...or think he really loves poop. I loved your attempts to lighten the grossness of the poop. I'm sure it helped those who don't change diapers regularly or help their constipated children with their excretions. Parenthood...you gotta love it!
So much enlightenment, so little time to raise my awareness to it all. Choosing to leave out poop types as a subject to study further. Last night's dinner is the next day's disaster for those who do not have the good sense to be embarrassed enough to maintain control at all costs. Remember Aunt Becky's phrase, "Quivering Asshole", as she described holding "..it" back on a particularly devilish (she's religious now and believes in Satan - another subject I am not sure I want to pursue enlightenment about) occasion. She survived to save her dignity, but in the retelling of her trauma, I laughed until I hurt myself. You and Mack are a perfectly matched pair. Did Mack get treated to a brand new pair of flip-flops from Venus? It's the least she could do.
the rainbows really add a certain something.
Post a Comment