Thursday, February 14, 2008

Everyday the 14th

Last year Mack was in charge of Valentine's Day, and when I came home from work he had a margarita on the rocks (with salt) waiting for me. I hopped in the tub to sip the Mexican nectar while he executed his "surprise." When I got out, coconut fried shrimp and macaroni and cheese (with spiral tube noodles) was waiting for me. Not exactly what I would have picked to go with a tart margarita, but a very sweet gesture nonetheless. Especially considering I didn't do anything beyond speak the words, "Happy Valentine's Day."

This year, I am in charge of the celebration. He has no idea what we're doing, but I have crafted a President's Day Lover's Saturday Night Special complete with an Evite and an adapted Gettysburg Address. Because I am an awesome Valentine.

Because Mack is also an awesome Valentine, he gave me a gift first thing this morning. In addition to displaying his full body in all its natural glory while he puttered from the bed to the shower, he also made me eggs, which reminded me of last year and started this year's V-Day off with a smile.

3 comments:

Shanonita said...

much better than egg whites and oatmeal, eh?
my valentines sucks compared to yours.

Lisa said...

He cooks! Wow. I didn't know men could do that.

Ms. Thomas said...

He cooks eggs. And his eggs are way better than my eggs. As is his tuna salad. Those are my two weakest subjects so it works out nicely.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS