Monday, June 16, 2008
Things Outside (a series)
My neighbors have had at least two sets of jawbones on each step up to their front door for the last week. They have a pet raven, a pit bull, half a dozen snakes, an affinity for Jack Daniels, armfuls of tattoos, and just about the most down to earth presence you can expect to be around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
Ah, the California Poppy. Can you find out the name of that tree with the spikey trunk?
Yes, and I know exactly where there is a median full of them so I will give you a photo of it too.
Very nice! Did they let you into their backyard, or was that an undercover operation? My plants are doing well this year - had a little mite issue with the petunias, but that seems to be OK now that I sprayed them down (and maybe inhaled a little poison in the meantime).
Jen, don't breath in the poison. Try this: soak some cigg in hot water (don't smoke them), add 1/4 cup of mouthwash, 1/2 cup of alcohol (rubbing not Jack Daniels) and a squirt of dish soap.
P.S. Thanks for the updated link, Mrs. Thomas.
Luckily I didn't need to break in because we share a yard... This is LA so a yard 5 feet by 10 feet is shared by three dogs, one kitty, 10 people and one garden.
PS: Thanks for the poison-free recipe, Ms. Maples.
Post a Comment