Wednesday, October 07, 2009

This Little Piggy

A couple of nights ago Mack decided it was time to go to bed and I absolutely was not ready. There were several episodes of the 2005-06 season of Grey's Anatomy on the Tivo and I am on fall break from school and I just felt like staying up retardedly late and flexing my "I'm a grown up and can do what I want when I want" muscle.

But he was not having it. In physically dragging me to bed, he also dragged/drug/dragguged the sofa and coffee table into the hallway.

And then, during the final hoist of his far-from-waiflike wife into the bed, my not-quite-baby toe hooked on his lobster claw toenail and... bad feelings happened.

He did emergency bandaiding, and I figured it'd be better by morning. But then last night I had volleyball and ground my ouchie in the sand for an hour and then today I put on socks and tennis shoes and went for a jogalk. Now my not-quite-baby toe is really made at Mack's lobster claws.

How can I somehow milk this situation for this...

6 comments:

Jen said...

Ha! This story reminded me of the time at Bob O Link that you got that splinter and had to go the hospital ... was the what happened??!! Whatever it was, Dave made the outline of a foot where it happened. I'm dying laughing right now just thinking of that ...

Ms. Thomas said...

Yes. Dave was all slipping around on fresh waxed floors and the moment I decide to try it, a piece of floor decides to come off and live in my foot. They had to cut it out at the ER... I think the foot outline was there for years after.

I blame tequila.

Ames said...

in fact, it was tequila... and that piece of wood... that was not a splinter... that was a 2 by 4. I don't think i've ever seen a splinter that size get stuck in anybody. It was so funny sitting on that emergency room stool, holding your hand, and being drunker than cooter brown. I vaguely remember that i kept telling you that they were just about ready to take it out for the whole 15 minutes it took them to get it out and you finally looking at me at the very last minute saying 'I KNOW THEY'VE TAKEN IT OUT! YOU CAN STOP NOW!' I am giggling as I type... teehee

Ms. Thomas said...

I think this is what JD means when he says, "Good times."

Mack said...

Fine, I'll buy you a porcelain fountain.

Heather said...

She deserves that damn umbrella already. Buy it or I will have to!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS