Wednesday, January 06, 2010

I think it's a boy.

Not wanting to give my lizard friend any gender predispositions since I don't really know what gender s/he is, I put some androgynous photographs of Brooke Shields and David Bowie up in his cage when he moved in. S/he has pretty much ignored them until tonight, when I gave what I now know to be a HIM a bath and cleaned out HIS tank.

He'd been a little gloomy seeming today, so to perk him up I fed him. Romaine lettuce and cantaloupe... by hand. He enjoyed those snacks much more than the giant crunchies of gross he'd been dodging in his tank for the last week. Then I figured I'd clean out his tank to get it ready to move to its new home with Robin & Joe, a couple of Mack's pals. Robin is desperately in love with some guinea pigs she has, and when she saw my Facebook post about getting Creep from Betsy, she immediately said how bad she wanted a lizard. I offered her Creep because, well, I never meant to have him for life and if someone is that excited about getting him, he'll probably be better off with them. To clean his tank, I had to put him somewhere, and what better holding room than the bathtub with some toasty water in it. Betsy used to let him swim every now and then and he seems to love it. In my experience, I think he uses the bath to drink the water he needs for survival.

Anyway, I get his house all clean and set up again. I get him out of the tub and warm him back up with the heating pad. And then I put him back in his tank and go on about my business.

Well, he didn't just pep up. He got downright frisky.

I kept hearing him trying to climb the wall, so I went into the living room to see what the hell was so exciting, and I found him like this.
That right, all up in Brooke's face, trying to make out with her. He was standing upright on two legs trying to look in her eyes, and when I said his name, he whipped his head around at me as if to say, "Cock block much?"

5 comments:

Jen said...

You are too cute!! You need a pet of your own!!

Also, devil's advocate ... does it count if the picture of Brooke is of her dressed as a man?? : )

Ms. Thomas said...

I was wondering about that... Is he smarter because he knew she was a woman dressed as a man or too dumb to know the difference and went for a what he thought to be a man? I like to think he's evolved since he didn't go extinct like all the other dinosaurs did.

Shanonita said...

um...i don't think you can do gender determination with two very androgynous images. bowie has always been very effeminate and shields is cross-dressing. how is he supposed to differentiate and identify? i hope you never give me any tests like that : )

Ms. Thomas said...

He is evolved Shannon. Geez.

Anonymous said...

LOL! This is hysterical. Homes is trying to get some and Mom walks in. . .ha ha ha. Can't a guy get some quiet time around there. ha ha ha.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS