When I met Mack, he had a goatee. I didn't really mind the facial hair very much because the way his mouth is shaped, the hair doesn't really get in the way when you give him a kiss. In other words, it's not all scratchy and awful and chapped-lip-causing. And it kind of gives his sulky, asshole-y look a dark and sexy twist.
In the 8 years that we have been together, his chin has never made an appearance, a fact that I, of course, attributed to some horrific defect that he didn't want me to see so that I could tease him about it. There is a mole in there -- I've seen parts of it -- so I knew something was up.
Well, Mack shaved. His entire face. Of all its hair. Down to a naked chin.
On his way to bare, he was nice enough to humor me and try on a few "hair looks," including my fave, the Fu Manchu. We'd just watched this SNL digital short, so the creep stache was also a must-do. We had a menu of looks, a fresh ladies razor, and probably 10 tests to study for. Welcome to our life.
![]() |
| Bearded (which I don't like) |
![]() |
| Chops (which I kinda like) |
![]() |
| Soul patch/stache combo (okay, kinda like it) |
![]() |
| Creep Stache with FULL CHIN EXPOSURE!!! Someone save me. |





4 comments:
David and Mack are oddly very similar. Maybe the should date.
Where is the totally clean chin picture?
Mike and his buddies had a bachelor party in Vegas a few years ago and the groom's brothers challenged the attendees to all grow 'staches for the event. For Mike that meant not shaving for 36 hours, ha. He started with a goatee and wound up just shaving his chin area. And the other guys did all sorts of funny facial hair situations ... as he was texting me pictures I rested assured that they wouldn't be hit on by anyone that didn't dance for a living while on that trip.
Welcome to the world, Mack's chin!
And, good luck on your final!! Do you have summer school at all? If not, I'm off work after May 12 ... COME VISIT ME, I'll be bored until this baby arrives!
The totally chin only lasted a couple days before it started becoming a full beard again. I didn't like it much so I'm pretending it didn't happen. It was like I was kissing a different guy who was sort of like my husband but not.
Also, the beard is back with a vengeance now. So much so that one of Mack's jiu jitsu friends said to him, "Didn't we kill you a couple days ago?" His beard is officially Taliban.
This makes me smile
Post a Comment