I have sooo much to write about but today was the first day that a dude ever gave me his number out of the blue so that trumps everything else. Not even my husband gave me his number out of the blue.
The guy today, let's call him Peacock Johnny, just happened to be the most impressive male specimen at the public pool. That doesn't sound like much, but in this case, he was hot. Leigh and I noticed him pretty much upon arrival, when we did our initial survey. Part of the appeal of the public pool is the people watching, and part of the appeal of the people watching at the public pool is the high volume of human disasters there. We are equal opportunity watchers, but when we see someone delicious, we act like good married women and stare at them without expression under the cover of our sunglasses.
Peacock Johnny knew he was hot, and he kept walking around the pool, getting in, getting out, walking around, laying out, getting in, etc. Leigh and I, we get in, we get out when it starts to smell like pee, we lay down once an hour. Peacock Johnny was all over the place, but, as I said, he was delicious to watch so we didn't mind.
I was wearing a bathing suit, like a good public pool patron, a fact that makes me getting a number from a hot guy all the more insane. It was a grandma-esque little number that I bought so my boobs would be contained while playing with Laila or Ben in the pool. Also so that I could play frisbee or other beachy fun games without grossing everyone out. It's from Lands End, it fits terribly, it's a tankini that looks like decorative elephant skin, it is strapless.
Guess who liked my "no strap" look? Yep, Johnny Peacock.
Of course we didn't talk to him or anything because at the pool we like to give off an air of superiority. While he was leaving, he walked up behind where we were sitting, did a little psssst, and handed me his digits through the fence. At which point I looked at Leigh and we high fived.
It took me 33 years to do it, I had to be married so it doesn't matter, but I finally got a number! And it was from a sexy beast!
(I just told Mack about it and he said, "I hope he likes the two black eyes look if he comes near my wife." No way Johnny Peacock is that funny.)
Wednesday, June 01, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Definitely high five worthy!
-Kristin
Ill-fitting Lands End boob containing swimsuit? $60
Entry fee to public pool for intense people watching session? $8
Getting digits from the local pool hottie, but not until AFTER you are married already? Priceless!
Well played!
Yee haw Missy!!
Shake that thang! (or thangs whatever the case may be)
this makes me giggle. You go girl!
he's a freak : ) sorry to say, but look at the picture he drew. freaky : ) watch out!
Shan
Post a Comment