Sarah wanted to go to Chinoe Pub because there is karaoke and undeniably amazing people watching. And because, according to Sarah, it's a bar you can comfortably wear sweat pants to. Pretty much everyone there was in sweat pants, but THAT DOES NOT MAKE IT OKAY TO WEAR SWEAT PANTS TO A BAR. I had to issue a mandate that I would never let Sarah wear sweat pants to a bar before she is 80, which, according to Betty White, is the age at which you dress for the bathroom. Sarah may only be 33, but she has more in common with 90-year-old Betty White than you'd think.
For instance, both have played naked darts.
Anyway, we planned just to stay for a couple hours, but before we knew it, 5 had passed and Mack was pretty much owning the karaoke stage. Sarah and I picked out a Who song for him to sing since he sings just like Roger Daltrey, and Mack took the stage, pointed our way, said, "This one is for those two lovely ladies over there," and then broke out with Fat Bottomed Girls.
If it wasn't so hilarious and
Part of the reason I love Sarah is how much fun she is to pick on. Whenever I see her, it's sort of a secret goal I have to pick on her so much that she eventually cries, usually from laughing so hard. There have been one or two occasions where the crying might have been from cigarette burns, but that's ancient history now. Sarah is a great sport, bottling up any annoyance she may have that would feed the fire and taking it in stride until she finally gives in to the absurdity of it and sheds tears (of joy).
This time Mack started with the subtle taunting, filling Sarah's mug up to the brim so that she had to slurp it before she moved it. See, Sarah is so fun to taunt that even Mack, the man who hates fun, can't resist.
Sarah, in true Sarah fashion, flashed her "are you sure you're not 13" look, gave a chuckle, and succumbed to what became one of the best recurring themes of the evening. And that is why I love and miss her so much right now.




No comments:
Post a Comment