I didn't realize quite how vacationy I'd been acting until I texted this picture to Heather the other day and she pointed out that since I've moved, most of my replies to her "what's up" texts have had something to do with beaches and/or books. That girl can spot a pattern 2,000 miles away.
To be fair, I've had a lot of reading to do and the beach is a nice place to do it. Laila is on a reading bender this summer, and I'm trying to keep up with her AND my mom. You have no idea what a full time job that is.
Well, last week I decided to get off my lazy butt and do something else that I've been seeing people do on the beach. Rather than Lay Down Reading, I went Stand Up Paddleboarding.
A couple of jiu jitsu friends with surfing skills were kind enough to humor me in the harbor since I am too much of a chicken to learn to surf, especially while uninsured and while the sharks are here. I set the lofty goal of "Don't Fall In" and we cruised around the relatively calm harbor looking at pelicans and sea lions and dodging 6-year-olds learning to sail. Show offs.
I guess until I get the ol' "Can you start Monday?" I'll just keep living every day like it's Saturday.



3 comments:
I'm jealous, but the grass is always greener, eh? Since having kids, I've found I'm too ADD to sit and read for more than 30 minutes, even on a beach, I'm finally at that grown up point in my life where I need activities while on vacations - of course, I'm also up by 7am : )
Good luck with the job hunt!!! Why don't you use that nursing degree you have? : )
I just got my CA license last week... so I may just get to RN status after all. Mom. ;)
Is Amber sporting a two piece? I am impressed! I am also impressed that while mentioning me in a blog post, the page you chose to highlight in your book, has a character named Heather mentioned on it. It is fate.
Miss you tons.
Don't forget you have a tiny, temp, job offer. I need you to make me an order form. Doesn't pay much, but the appreciation is HUGE :)
Post a Comment