Monday, July 07, 2014

Home Sweet Perfect Sanctuary Vacation Home

Remember when that excavator was outside? Well, I am so glad it was because we now live in Vacation House.

The walk to the beach is shorter. The patio and yard exists. The parking is always available. The garage lets us access the bikes without climbing over the car. And my favorite part? When the front door is open, the ocean breeze blows through the house and out the back door like an endless free, fresh air conditioner. I love a house the breathes and I'm never leaving here. Sorry to the owner if she ever wants it back.

Until you visit in person and we sit outside together drinking wine and playing cards, this virtual tour will have to suffice/tempt you.

Welcome. This is the living room, where all the gigantic furniture goes.

This is the guest room, off the living room. That chair was found on the curb, its arm was half eaten by cats, and Homer supports me in loving it.

Built in bookcases line the hallway. As do giant closets and a little hidden ironing board, which is adorable even though I never iron. These bookcases make my hoarding of weird shit totally acceptable. In other words, it's where we display conversation pieces.

Just off the hallway on the right is our kitchen. It has a pantry. And a washer and dryer. And a baby grand piano. Basically everything you should have in a kitchen. There's also a bar-like opening to the living room so you can be in the kitchen and it's like you're also hanging out in the living room.

Bathrooms. Who really cares about these? They're for shitting and cleaning your funky parts. We have two giant linen closets in here and I don't die of heat when I'm fixing my hair because wind blows through that window at all times, so it's a fantastic bathroom by my standards.

Our bedroom. With two giant closets and enough room for two king beds. Plus, there's those weird square glass windows up there. And two weird stained glass ones on the right. Lots of weird light that means we cannot sleep our lives away as much as we try to.

This is hands down my favorite place to be in this house – the deck out back. We also have a little patio just outside the kitchen where I'm growing tomatoes and basil and killing some flowers and cilantro, but this deck is awesome. I lay out here in my underwear before work, read out here on the weekends, drink out here whenever I want, and take naps under a blanket while I watch the sun slip into the palm trees.
Come over anytime! It's always happy hour at the Vacation House!




2 comments:

Laurie said...

Sounds like heaven. What an awesome place!

Jen said...

I WANT TO HOP ON A PLANE AND VISIT RIGHT NOW! Love the tour, love the pictures, love that you have a piano in your kitchen the most : ) Oh, and I also love you!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS