I might be getting too old for a Halloween party.
I love dressing up, cooking Halloween foods, and making the house scary, but the party is just exhausting. I'm still recovering from this year's event... although part of the blame also goes to that annual hoax called Daylight Savings Time.
![]() |
| Sandra was an Indian. I was a crow. There was lots of corn and hay around us. |
After all that work, we and our friends sat around, listened to music, and got drunk for 6 hours. Then we started tasing each other for fun.
On Sunday, I spent all but two hours in bed watching Boardwalk Empire. And every day since, I've been sleeping until 12pm.
Hangovers used to require McDonald's and a fountain drink. Now they require round-the-clock ibuprofen, chips, 2 gallons of sparkling water on ice with a straw, coconut water, darkness, and three days of rest. Plus, I don't really like being so drunk that tasing my friends is hilarious good fun.
Maybe next year I'll do this 5 hour haunted house instead of throwing a party... seems like it might take less time to recover from mental torture than a hangover.



No comments:
Post a Comment