Friday, December 23, 2016

Californians: Pink's Hot Dogs

Laila and I had to go to the mall to do some last minute Christmas purgatory crap. And that is when we discovered that a Pink's Hot Dogs had opened up a branch in the mall.

The iconic hot dog stand has been in Hollywood since the 1930s. Whenever we've driven past that one, there has always been a line of people out front, which we interpreted as an indication that we should never go there. Well, Laila and Tom had gone once and after some nostalgic discussion about the lady outside of Kmart who used to sell Laila bacon wrapped hot dogs from a portable grill, we found ourselves in line to get some Pink's. Guys, they have a veggie hot dog so I had no excuse.


No, this is not the true Californian Pink's experience. But it's enough for me because it spared me the traffic and the longer line. And it made me realize I need to resolve to enjoy more of the unique and awesome stuff this state has to offer. Alas, for 2017, I'm making it a goal to be a better Californian.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Of course they have a vegetarian hot dog in California ... (insert eye roll)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS