Betsy came to California again. Her first time was to bring me and Mack out here. Her second time was to bring my mom out. And this time, it was for vacation.
About time!
It was so awesome having her around for a few weeks, going thrift shopping and taking little hikes and meeting for some Ramen after work. Most of all, though, it was amazing to hear her giggle, her wonderful laugh, her audible joy that bubbles out and brings sunshine to the world.
We even got to do a Little Mermaid reenactment to make my other sisters jealous. We watched so much Little Mermaid when Betsy was little that to this day I can practically recite the entire movie by heart. This was back in the days of Blossom Lane, when I was 10 and she was born. She was so sweet back then too, and I remember one time when she gave me her candy. Before Betsy, I'd only gotten candy from my sisters by sneaking it, swindling it, or trading it. Betsy is a different breed of human, and man, am I so grateful to know and love her.


No comments:
Post a Comment