Wednesday, February 24, 2021

My Chubby Bubby

I don’t know why the baby makers in my life won’t coordinate their pregnancies so I can get a fresh baby every couple of years instead of all at once. The last time I got babies, Shannon had Nynie, Lee had Mateo, and Leiah had Beatrix in a span of 8 months. No one listens to me, so for this, which is likely my final baby season, Leiah and Lee decided to have babies at practically the exact same time. Of course.

And, to add to it, as they were discussing names, Leiah mentioned she was thinking they may name their son Elliott BUT LEE AND BUBBA HAD ALREADY DECIDED TO NAME THEIR SON ELLIOTT. Finally, Leiah took pity on me and took Elliott of her list.

Lee headed to the delivery room 3 DAYS before Leiah to bring our newest nephew to the world, a guy we’d watched growing in his momma’s belly all summer. In the couple months before his big arrival, his family moved into a new house, his daddy started a new job, and all they needed was this new baby to settle into life as they’d know it.

Having a baby during a pandemic means no one can come to the hospital to see you. And you get to huff and puff and push and get that baby out thru a surgical mask. Lee took it all like a champ, and then, at 4:53 pm on Nov. 25, our little Ching Ching showed up.


Ching Ching is apparently how you say cubby in Tagalog, and though this little bag of sugar is only 6lbs. 5oz. and 19 inches long, he is a whole pound bigger than his big brother was. And it shows.

We didn’t get to meet this sweet baby until this month, and I am not exaggerating when I say he is absolutely the best baby I have ever been around. We’ve been staying with Bubba and Lee for a few weeks and I have not heard one cry out of him - not one. He likes to lay in his basinet and listen to jazz or take naps in his swing. When he wakes up, he’ll listen for his mom’s voice to say hello to him and a smile will creep across his face. He likes it when Mack talks to him like they’re doing important business negotiations and then when Mack finishes it all with “Agoo,” Bubby just beams. I’m ruining him by snatching him up to hold him, but I’m his Tita and that’s what I’m supposed to do. I like to make him do “nexercises” and just the other day this butterball rolled over! He eats all his food, sleeps good at night, and is one of those babies you could forget about because he’s just so content. He doesn’t spit up. He doesn’t have diaper explosions. He’s unreal, except that I’ve held him and he is so real. 








I can’t wait to watch this one grow up alongside his brother, Mr. Personality. I mean just look at them! I’m going to have no money.



No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS