Monday, January 30, 2006

My Head's in the Clouds

I just got back from my home quickie and am settled back down in LA again. The trip home was busy and fulfilling -- saw Leigh after three months, tentatively sold Nougat, had an open house to sell the house, got to watch Betsy dance at school, finally caught Brokeback Mountain (gotta say, it was hilarious to me, sad at the end, but funny thoughout, especially since Ella Enchanted got a bad dye job and landed a very different role in this movie), had dinner with the fam, got to snuggle with the Venus, and came to grips with Leiah being pregnant. That was a doozy, but the dust has settled and fortunately love prevailed. To be honest, I was wondering if it would at some points, but I guess that's the glory of love. Thank god. And thanks to my priceless, brave friends for setting me straight when I wandered astray... just a testament to how lucky I am.

One of the joys of California living is travelling to California. It's a three-hour time difference from Kentucky, so you basically chase the sun home, which makes for some of the most beautiful skies you've ever seen.
I swear I see four Grand Canyons everytime I fly this route, either that or the Grand Canyon is just that endless. The mountains are incredible and snowcapped, then they're curiously followed by flat deserts. And you also get to see the patchwork quilt that the plains make. It's a great flight, worth seeing in the light of day, even though it is a long one.
This is a beautiful Earth we have, with a magical atmosphere and incomprehensible landscapes. I just hope we start appreciating it before we lose it. Hope this inspires you... at least to come visit when I get out here for good!!!

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS