Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Tea Time

Two cups of Kava tea ago my head was about to explode. The snot from too many tears had built up to dangerous proportions and my swollen eyelids were making strangers want to give me a hug. But now, I feel peaceful again. Kava is a wonderful thing. I watched Survivor once where the men have to drink a kava beer, which they did, and they drink it until they barf and then they're drunk, but kava drunk, not fraternity drunk. Kava is a root, I think, that they grind up really tiny to make anti-stress, anxiety-reducing tea. The kava drunks back at the village are responsible for grinding up the tough root, but they don't seem to mind. The rest of the kava village concentrates on the sayings that get attached to the tea bag. They put those on just in case the kava doesn't chill you out. The two I had tonight were:
-- Socialize with compassion and kindness.
-- There is no greater power in this universe than the power of prayer.
It's funny how the teabag knows just what to say sometimes. And it's hard to believe those kavans can be so insightful when they know nothing about the real world.

1 comment:

Ms. Thomas said...

I thought about that, but was worried that if a five-year-old had a catastrophic incident, like, say, a paper cut, I'd feel for the rest of my life that it was my fault. Tea doesn't come with those side effects!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS