Seeing as I am back in Lexington, there aren't too many choices for ice skating venues, so we headed to the Christian rink which also stars a Jesus-inspired putt putt course. After being reminded of the ten commandments posted next to the cashier's window, we headed over to skate rental for some of the world's most aromatic skates and to begin our ankle workout.
Leigh is a natural, but she had the privilege of ice skating lessons when she was a kid. I, on the other hand, was gifted with a roller skating gene, and while at first it seems like the roller skating gift can be easily transitioned to the ice skating one, that is not the case. To my credit, I didn't wipe out once, more out of fear of breaking my new mini-dig camera than out of fear of falling.I started to get the hang of it just as the ice was starting to be blanketed with hockey skate scrape and as the hockey players started to chase each other through the crowd. Then I started dodging death. It's been a while since I'd tasted middle school, and after last night's experience, I'm glad to be in the almost thirty era of life.
I'm not sore today, except for the scrape/blister thing on the inside of my ankle and the bruise on my shin from the front of the skate. I think I'm almost ready for the next Olympics, but in the meantime, the U.S. better start bringing it... Medal count to date has Norway with 16 and US with a wimpy 12 (Russia is even beating US with 13). We do have the most golds, with 7 so far, but that's only one more than Russia and Germany. Maybe if I'd discovered the Kwanness in me before last night...

1 comment:
you kicked butt with your graceful arm movements, wave-like-moves *and* let's not forget the deux-pied shuffle move. (ok i thought the last move deserved a french name, which is probably incorrect but i took it in junior high alright?)
tonya harding would be so proud of us.
your camera needs to return my nose.
please?
Post a Comment