Thursday, November 30, 2006

Why weight?

Today I joined Weight Watchers. This is actually the third time in my life I have joined Weight Watchers. You'd think by now I'd have learned how to watch my weight, but alas, my Taurean hardheadedness still wins. Well, that and my addiction to potato chips.

Today I weigh 152.4 pounds. This is actually not a bad weight for me, considering my senior year in high school I weighed 148 pounds, and the first time I joined Weight Watchers I weighed 166. I went that first time because I had to hold my breath while I bent over to tie my shoes, and after I visited my friend Heather who was on Weight Watchers, I got the pictures developed and whoa, was my face round. Well, even though I don't weigh 166 pounds, my face is round again in pictures. And I have to hold my breath when I tie my shoes, which I barely noticed since I mostly wear flip flops. And yesterday, when I tried to chase Mack to the end of the alley, roughly 25 yards, I was breathing like a gold medal swimmer after an Olympic race.

I've been trying for about three weeks to get myself under control, but I'm weak. I'm a bad boss of me. I let myself get away with buffalo wings and calzones and beer and candy and Cheez-Its. And potato chips. And then when I'm embarrassed to wear clothes without a comfortable top layer, I pout and succumb to Sweatsuit Syndrome, except that instead of Hanes I at least maintain a Victoria's Secret Flannel Jammies standard.

I know no one is interested in my weight woes. But by putting it here, in print, I'll have to start paying attention to it before I get to 166 pounds. For humoring me, here's an evolution of a fat face. At least I can maintain a ponytail!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just before the holidays??!! You really do like a challenge. You will have to go easy on yourself for the nine days you're home. Charles wants to lose weight too so maybe we can go for walks and stuff. I will be eating whatever I fancy though and i hope we have some good Monkey Bread this year : )!! I know a good sweet potatoe recipe with pecans that isn't loaded with sugar and butter and stuff but still tastes special
You have to remember that your have lots of muscles too. Wanna do body for life again??? Oats and egg whites. hee hee hee hee

Philip Deskins said...

For what it's worth, the last time I saw you, I thought you looked really nice. Whatever weight you were at then is your ideal weight. Ohh, wait a minute that sounds superficial... real beauty is on the inside and stuff!

Ms. Thomas said...

Such sweet, encouraging comments. I should get fat more often!!

Anonymous said...

Yaa! You are pudgy and, well, since I can't be sure, I'll leave off flabby. Now we are truly twins. I guess I just needed to read further before posting my last comment. BTW - I am no longer a Scott, not a Scoot, which I mistyped. Typos don't count as long as the message still gets across, right? You're not pudgy. I was just kidding about that. I always have and always will think you are just right the way you are.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS