Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Wedding Bellz


I knew Will was a catch for Kristin long before Mack discovered them making out in the backyard four years ago. I had the sense that he was just a downright good guy, an easy going, smooth smoothy the first time I met him, but my gut feelings were confirmed during one ski trip when members of Hot Tub Talk voted him Best Boyfriend. I think it's only fair that Will is Best Boyfriend since Kristin is easily Sweetest, Funnest, Prettiest, Most Entertaining Girlfriend Ever.

Well, this weekend one of my favorite duos became the Slatontons. And this will go down in my elephantine memory as one of the best weddings ever. Everything from the little fans for the ladies to the food was courtesy of Kristin's admirable attention to detail. And apparently I like to dance a lot more than I ever thought I did, making sandwiches out of everyone from Julio to my toddler lover Conner. I usually hate to dance, so if a wedding gets me out there to cut a rug for more than one song, things are going better than anyone expected. At this wedding I was out there the ENTIRE NIGHT, spinning Sarah in circles, grabbing Ryan's necktie and even starting a train! I don't start trains. I don't even really know how to start trains.

I can't detail it as well as the photos, so here we go.
























I had a blast with everyone I spent time with, especially Sarah, Ruble, Steve, Jen, Mike and even Kristin. Most importantly, I had a great time meeting Will's family, seeing one of my best friends start down the path to happily ever after, and finally, after almost a decade, meeting Granny Stapleton.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww! It looks like it was an awesome wedding. We're sorry we missed it. Kristin looked gorgeous.

Shanonita said...

what? no pictures of the little fans? Congrats to the happy couple. Cutting a rug? How old are you? 67? And you dance, you use it as an excuse to break toes and throw people around the room.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I'm so slow to read your blog about me!! You left out the part about the beautiful note you left for us in our guest book :)
I'm so glad you were there... I had lots of fun with my girls!
- Kristin

Ms. Thomas said...

Compassion, Kristin. Compassion.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS