Friday, July 18, 2008

I take BlogHer, for better or worse...

I'm in San Francisco, around the corner from the action, at a hotel that epitomizes "charming." It's the Cartwright, a Larkspur Hotel, and I fit just right in the teensy bathroom and bedroom. If anyone else was here, it'd be crowded, but it's only me and the front desk is uber nice and it's half as expensive as the Westin and it makes me get out on the streets. Which is really where action lives.

At BlogHer's People Party and Newbie Mixer I filled my butt pocket with cards and bumper stickers and hopes of new friends and inspiration. I also drank Heineken because it made me think of heinies and that made things a little less serious. Oh, you blog about post partum depression, nice, well, heinie. (I should say here that in my family we call butts heinies.)

I met this lady and this lady and this lady and this lady and this lady and this lady and this lady and this lady and this lady and this lady and this lady and this lady and this lady and this nice man and this guy. Who totally creeped me out when he tried to invite himself up to my hotel room. Uh, dudes, if you're coming to BlogHer, try to remember that while there may be a lot of poontang there, it's not really interested in your man stick. Even if we're talking about man sticks in front of you. Gross.

After "networking," it was time for me to trek back to my dorm room to eat what was left of my Spicy Thai kettle chips and watch an old Batman movie. But on my way, I met a couple women who made all the women with blogs look like amateurs. Meet Vivian, the original, and Marion, the younger one (please forgive my cooing... I can't afford voice surgery).

2 comments:

Jen said...

Are you going to meet Dooce? You got me addicted to her site, so I expect to at least minimally stalk her : )

Also, are you speaking at the conference? I need some details, Missy!

Ms. Thomas said...

I spoke today on video blogging and hope that people who listened to me got something of value from it. Dooce is sort of like a ghost, so not sure I'll see her anywhere but on stage during tomorrow's closing keynote. If something fabulous happens though, you'll be the first one I call. And don't worry, I brought my hair holding hands in case anything really fabulous happens...

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS