On Saturday night I was trusted with the life of another human being... that of my neighbors' baby to be precise.
Which seems even more remarkable considering that they know I sent my dog to a retirement home and that my cat has been on her last legs for two years now.
I was all prepped to give my full attention to something the size of a pumpkin, was all ready to read books full of one syllable words and was totally committed to doing the same thing over and over again so she could give me a few good chuckles before she gives me that look that tells me I went just a little too far into crazy.
And then she fell asleep. Before her parents were even gone. Without even one game played.
So I laid on the couch next to her and watched The Devil's Rejects while she made little snores and no doubt had sweet dreams.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Awwwwwwww, you were so excited about your big baby-sitting night! No pics of an adorable sleeping baby?
Post a Comment