This Halloween was bigger and better than any I've ever had before. And by bigger and better I mean we had an ice luge.
For those of you past fraternity rush age, an ice luge is a block of ice carved with a little trail through it that you pour shots down and then catch in your mouth. I'm not positive, but I think it's what inspired the Beastie Boys to fight for their right to party.
Since I am past fraternity rush age, I concocted a "witch's brew" to save myself from having to succumb to peer pressure and ingest shots of actual liquor. And no, I did not go as a wimp this year. I went as Regan from The Exorcist.
The ice luge was a centerpiece of the crime scene we set up in the carport. In anticipation of my best Halloween party yet, Sandra and I did a few rounds of crime scene photos that we used to create creepy ambiance on Friday night. Being on the verge of death is never really as much fun as we had faking it, a fact Jen can attest to.
In addition to mandatory costumes, I insisted every guest try the ice luge and get their mugshot taken. Because what fun is Halloween without a few requirements? And photographic evidence of poor judgment?
Since my neighbor does construction we had actual coffins -- one grown up sized and one baby sized. And we had a graveyard. To all the poor homeowners who hired my neighbors, thanks for the plywood and the styrofoam. They really made my month.
Hope everyone had a Happy Halloween. Or at least lived through it...

4 comments:
Looks awesome (except the crime scene photos are kinda scary). I'm sad we missed it...
-Kristin
I was there for round 2 of the crime scene photos and I'll agree that they were a little creepy. The neighbors, Sandra and Bill, love horror and Halloween almost as much as Amber loves her own birthday... I wish I'd been there - I love your parties!
Looks like an awesome party! I don't remember Regan starting her period in the movie.
Lisa
Okay, so I know you don't mean better because the better Halloween was when I went out to see you guys! I see that you have to kick-ass party when I don't come for the visit. . .that's okay, I forgive you this time. .
Looks like a fab time!
I am glad you explained your costume. . you are not going to believe what I first thought it was.
Post a Comment