Tuesday, November 04, 2008

What I Did While Obama Made History

After Mack and I did our civic duty at the polls and collected proof in the form of a sticker, we came home to watch as the first African American in the United States became the leader of the free world. And this is what happened...

Kitty tried to kill me and steal my Obama-Biden t-shirt.
Obama supporters cheered and chanted at Grant Park in Chicago in the brisk November weather.
McCain supporters listened to the guys from the FreeCreditReport.com commercials perform at the swanky Biltmore Hotel in Phoenix.
Kitty tried to drink my beer.
Wolf Blitzer said, "Bonanza."
A panel of 5 white people discussed how having a black president will affect race relations in the United States.
Kitty stole Mack's breath and he went unconscious.
Paul Begala said, "Peace out, Cub Scout."
McCain's extra neck skin started to be a distraction... and has he always had stroke eye there on his left?
Obama wins Ohio. I got jiggy with it.
Dana Cash said they've turned off the news at the Biltmore, likely to preserve what's left of the "festive" atmosphere since they opted NOT to have an ice luge.
Guy Working the Map said, "I wouldn't bet a dime on McCain winning New Mexico."
Mack ate some pumpkin chili and broke out his Quantitative Analysis homework.CNN's graphics officially went over the top with the Capitol Building in the middle of the table and the rainbow of seats over it.
And then they hit the ridiculous mark when they HOLOGRAMMED IN Will.I.Am... as if he was Princess Leia.
Finally, the polls closed on the West Coast, and my candidate was awarded what he had worked his entire life for.
Let us never underestimate the power of a community organizer ever again.

7 comments:

Jen said...

First of all, I know you made up all of that jazz about Kitty... : ) She's too sweet to do any of what you said.

Second of all - pumpkin chile - yumm-o - post the recipe, please!

Third - thanks for letting me know what I missed last night - I fell asleep on the couch way too early to see any of the funny things you saw.

Fourth - I'm so happy that we live in a country where everyone is allowed a voice and a vote! Go Democracy!! (I'm being serious here, so please no mean response posts aimed at me)

Ms. Thomas said...

Good point Jen... because it wasn't all that long ago that women and black people weren't allowed that voice. We've come a long way... not only can we all vote, but now we've proved that we all have an opportunity to lead this country. Hillary Clinton running for president, Sarah Palin a vice-presidential candidate, and now Barack Hussein Obama, a black man with a Middle Eastern name, PRESIDENT OF THE USA! We are an awesome country.

And yes, Kitty did all of those things... Bad Kitty.

Ms. Thomas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

Kitty can't even freaking JUMP onto the couch. She does a slow version of a pathetic army crawl. I have no doubt in my mind that you made up all of her shenanigans...

Shanonita said...

amazing, everyone here is talking about ir and even uttering the word proud and america/ns in the same sentence. i didn't think it was possible.

Anonymous said...

This was an incredible election brought by an enticing and LONG campaign. . .We have come a long way. It is nice to have the ability to voice your ideas on how our politics should progress. This time, history was in the making and I am proud that we were a part of it.

lizany said...

There were bottles at my Obama party, but they were filled with milk. Sam passed out early, even though he clearly heard Oprah say that no one should be alone on that historic night.

He should be listening to Oprah. I should be raising him better.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS