Thursday, February 05, 2009

Correspondence

Laila got an email account. And with it came free access to the mind of an 8-year-old sass queen.

On Monday she whacked her head on the corner of the table and a blood panic ensued. (Laila used to get so upset at the possibility of blood or a scrape or a bump that she would cry so hard she'd vomit. It's tapered off incredibly since she's gotten older, but the head leak was new territory for her and her parents probably deserve an award for letting her live through what were no doubt the worst screams of her life). So today I emailed her to ask about it and to send her this.
(Mack gets all the credit for the cute puppy exchange idea. He started sending her videos and photos of adorable things, and without his guidance, I probably would have started swapping recipes with her. Puppy pics are waaaay better.)

I was thinking she'd email me back something I didn't totally understand. Like once I sent her a photo of herself from when she was 3 and looked like she'd gone for a swim in a bottle of hydrogen peroxide, and I wrote a little message about how beautiful she's become and how I'm glad to have her as my sister. She wrote back, "How did you like my FANCY WIGGGGGGGG!"

I mean, it sort of makes sense, but not exactly.

And then she followed that one up with, "My favorites for songs are lalaland by demmi lavito and shreck2 allstar. ps also more of demmi lavito's songs."

So I'm used to being a little confused by her responses, but that bonk on the head must've done something to her email technique. Here's what it looked like today.
Finally, she's speaking my language of totally rotten.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

bwhahahahahahahha

Anonymous said...

hahahaha! Oh that is so hysterical! I seriously just snorted coffee out of my nose since I should be working as well! That little Laila sounds like her older brothers. And just maybe her older sister. . .ha. Too funny!

Jen said...

I love the puppies! You can send me animal pictures anytime!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS