Once upon a time a darling young accountant named Jen met a wild party animal named Mike through some mutual friends at a dinner party. Jen was in the final phases of chemo for a condition called CLL, and while she'd always been a social butterfly, she was more focused on getting better than she was falling in love.
But that's the way love is. It smacks you upside the head and turns you silly in the course of a single game of flip cup, and the next thing you know you've made an appointment to spend a Saturday morning looking like this while going to get fake eyelashes.

I spent Jen's wedding weekend enjoying dainty tea parties, jubilant rehearsal dinners, chronic smiles and a serious case of flailing white girl arm during an open bar reception. And even though I would have preferred not to sob into a bouquet of flowers as Jen made her way down the aisle, I was thrilled to see one of the people I love the most in the world find her number one.
Jen and Mike turned lovestruck into something beautiful and timeless. Congratulations to both of you and I wish you all the joy and happiness you deserve.
2 comments:
Love some Clay Jackson, right? He rocks!
I need MORE pictures now!
Post a Comment