Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Bright Side

I had to walk to school today because riding my bike in the rain leaves me more soaked than just walking, and since I don't have a big gay umbrella, I was in a bad mood from the minute I walked out the door.

There was just too much cold paired with too much wet. Which is also the definition of miserable.

Halfway through the walk, my toes were frozen, my nose was running and my middle finger kept shooting out of my pocket in a blind rage. Then I realized I was below a canopy of the most beautiful color orange I'd ever seen, something the color of pumpkin mixed with the electricity of wet grass and dusted with yellows of sunshine from a couple days ago. I felt myself soften with appreciation.
And after class, Mack picked me up and we bought a Wii. Take that, rain.

6 comments:

Jen said...

I am with you on hating the rain and cold!! Luckily we've had a few great fall weekends up here that help me appreciate the beauty of the season ... and the fact that I'm generally at work all day the other days of the week : )

Keep looking for the brightside while you're back in KY ... the weather may not be as fantastic as LA, but I don't think you can beat the company : )

Jen said...

Also ... if you can treat yourself to a Wii ... why not go treat yourself to that big, gay umbrella? You're worth it!

Shanonita said...

i'm so jealous! i want a wii! i need to come over and play yours : )
How about saturday? Kay? Kay.

Anonymous said...

I love how the trees are so bright this year in their colors! It makes the cold worth it.

Lisa said...

You're still used to L.A. climate. You think this is cold??? Girl! Just wait until an ice storm hits. (Please, please not again this year!)

Ms. Thomas said...

Ice storm... yeah right. I've done that once, and that is plenty for this lifetime. If it happens again, I'm just gonna buy a ticket and get outta here.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS