Thursday, January 28, 2010

What Happened at School Today

Yeah, so, sorry for the little freak out the other day. Things are much better now. Much Better.

I didn't think it was so desperate of a message until my dad called me to make sure I wasn't suicidal. I assured him that I'd be homicidal before I'd be suicidal, not that he felt any more assured by that.

Anyway, on to other things, like my graphic design class where I'm the only girl and non-Jesus-proclaimer in the entire class.

Seriously.

One of the guy's emails contains godfearing and one of them is just biding his time until he can start Bible College. On the first day of class, I was the only one who didn't bring in a magazine featuring football or lacrosse or hunting on the cover.

I stick out a little bit.

For our second assignment we were supposed to bring in a photocopy of an object we like. I chose to photocopy a chicken foot I got in New Orleans when Liz, Amy & I visited there. I don't know what role a chicken foot plays in voodoo, but I know it does something because I bought it in a voodoo store. I actually got two of them... one that was red and gimpy looking and one that looks like it could be a creepy old human hand... because I thought they looked cool. For class, I brought in the creepy humanish one and a photocopy of it placed eerily on the bottom of the page, like it was reaching into the space and getting ready to steal your breath.

I thought it looked pretty cool. And when the teacher said she liked mine the best (Girl Power!), some of the guys threw their votes my way too. Until my teacher pointed out the voodoo connection.

You should have seen the fear pale the faces in that room.

I tried to break the silence by saying, "That's right boys. You better watch out." I should have known my photocopy was too dangerous, too big a threat to god to get a laugh.

The godfearing guy looked at me like I was a glass-eyed voodoo queen from a desperate back alley trying to steal his money and said, "It's alright. I've got Jesus on my side."

Dude. It's a photocopy. Of a chicken foot. That was voted Best in the Class.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I think I still have that voodoo doll if you would like to take that to class. It will be awesome!!

Liz said...

So that's why the Saints won. Thanks for the voodoo, Amber!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS