Thursday, February 25, 2010

Uppers and Downers

The past week has been an swirly blend of ups and downs. Like really high ups and really low downs.

First, I met Ruble for drinks and chit chat and ran into my good friend Beth. Mega upper.

Then I found out my darling Sarah's mom is in the hospital in the ICU and facing a battle with cancer. Mega downer.

Then I went out for sushi, sake, and redneck pool with my soulmate Heather for her birthday. Mega upper.
Then we found out Heather's sister had a run-in with the law that landed her a night in the slammer. Mega downer.

Then I saw Renee in her new glasses and she threw a snowball at me without being prompted, proving her inner rottenness is, in fact, awesome. Mega upper.
Then I found out Betsy is having some major struggles involving school, anxiety, life in general. Mega downer.

Then I took an anatomy test and freaking aced it like a test expert maniac. Mega upper.

Then I smacked my knee really, really hard on the corner of the coffee table, so hard it made me fall on the couch and cry. Mega downer.

Then I got an email that my picture from the No Nonsense contest was blasted over Times Square last month. Mega upper.
It's crazy how the goods have been soooo good and the bads have been soooo bad, only to balance everything out in such a way that reminds you life is so precious and special and worth it. Overall.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to my world.

BTW-So the upper was more of running into Beth than meeting me for drinks? Nice. ;-)

Ms. Thomas said...

Nooo, it was the combo of meeting your for drinks and chit chat AND the surprise of seeing Beth. Hence the mega part... :) When's our next drink date anyway???

Jen said...

Sooooo true ... you really have to take the bad with a grain of salt, otherwise you'll be too busy sulking or feeling sorry for yourself to realize when something awesome is about to happen ...

Congrats on being a Time Square Model ... check one more thing off the bucket list, ehh? : )

Shanonita said...

just so you know, it didn't occur to Renee to throw a snowball at someone until she was in your presence. You all have some sort of secret synergy (mischevious : ) and fun. love you.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS