True to form, Milo ignored me, Daisy (of Love) started trouble, and Jen spoiled me rotten in her very appreciated Martha Stewart way.
That minestrone is so good and warm and the color and taste of fall that Jen posted the vegan-adaptable recipe on her blog. She also posted it because she is on the ball at all times and never two weeks behind on putting up her posts.
Once we got full bellies, we headed up the road to the giant box of efficiency and organization genius known as Ikea. I love that Jen is as excited by miniatures and Swedish space maximization techniques as I am, if for no other reason that it makes that yearning I have for being a professional organizer seem less ridiculous.
We walked through every square inch of that store, and I picked up some canisters, hand towels, and a much-needed (and so far very used) kitchen table and two chairs... all for $100.
I love these little mini-visits with Jen. Life gets to be so freaking chaotic sometimes, but with Jen, it's like you're appreciating the little things every single minute.

2 comments:
You are so sweet! We love having you visit! And next time Mike won't get a raise that prompts a fancy steak dinner the night you visit ... I need you to experience the full B&B effect.
You need to post a picture of how you're using the kitchen table and chairs - I'm thrilled to hear they are working out for you - isn't it nice sitting down to an actual meal??
I need some Jen and Ikea.
Post a Comment