Thursday, September 02, 2010

Modern Lines of Communication

Last night, I ran into Laila on Google chat, and about 3 minutes later we were sitting on the chair in the Thomases living room, eating virtual pizza, giving virtual hugs and feeling for a few minutes that we were right there with them.

Laila likes to show us her things (hamster, toys, shirt) and make ugly faces while we chat with her and her mom, which means she is on the cusp of teenagedom even though I still think of her as a kindergartener. She's also become quite the pianist and likes to use our video chats to offer demonstrations of ways that she is better than me.

Last night during dinner, she had us sit on the chair next to her and gave us a little mini recital, and the whole exchange was so nothing like I thought it would be when I was her age, when the phone company released CALL WAITING!!!! and relieved the murderous thoughts Shannon and I were having for one another, that I just had to take a photo of it.

This is why technology is awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too cool!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS