Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Lil' Lady

I hosted a baby shower for Leiah and Lillian (in utero) last weekend, and since I didn't have a Halloween party this year, I channeled all my ideas into her shower. I love to plan a party and this was just the fix I needed.

When my mom was pregnant with Leiah, she thought she looked like a little bug running around the screen during an ultrasound. That sort of stuck, and we've called Leiah all sorts of things associated with bug... Buggy, BugWug, Leiah Bug. It was only right to have a lady bug themed party for Leiah's little baby girl.

I started planning like I usually do... with a google image search. There were a lot of red and black party things, but I wanted pink and green for some reason. A few evenings spent perusing the web, a few trips to Target and Michael's, and a few VIP helpers later, and we had a bonafide baby shower!

We decided to make it kid friendly since Ben and Renee were gonna be there, which meant that Kate and Caroline got to come in matching outfits, Iris discovered a hankering for icing, and Leiah's brand new baby niece got to give us a little bit of baby fever.
 
For the game I decided to play Baby Pictionary. It was so funny to watch Ruble try to draw a baby carrier. I think she also had to draw placenta. Ha!
And now we wait until January!

3 comments:

Megan said...

Best dam shower ever! Bravo! Oh yeah, and I totally went into a sugar coma later that night that required reviving from those cupcakes, but well worth it. :)

Jen said...

You are really the hostess with the mostest! I can't believe I missed all of that yummy food, I guess that's what i get for arriving late : )

Anonymous said...

You did a fabulous job with the shower! And even baby pictionary was fun. :-)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS