Sunday, June 05, 2011

Just another explosive Monday.

A couple of Mondays ago I got a text from Mack: "Be careful coming home. Transformer in front yard about to explode. Avoid the front yard."

Totally normal, right?

Well, here's what happened.
Yeah, you see that tree laying on that powerline? That's coming out of our flowerbed. I'd been scoping the flower bed for poison ivy about a week prior to this event and noticed the base of the tree seemed hollow and rotten. When I mentioned it to Mack he was all, "It's fine. Look how healthy it is at the top. Totally alive."

Uh huh.

The landlords were in town so all we had to do was sit on the porch and watch as the tree guys weaved their buckets through power lines and cut that tree into firewood. It was pretty funny later when I got on Facebook and saw a lot of people wondering why there was no power downtown near Woodland Park. Oops.



3 comments:

Jen said...

Just because people in KY waste electricity like it's their job doesn't mean you need to go and knock a tree down to teach them a lesson Mr and Mrs West Coast : )

Lisa said...

I'll I could think about while looking at these pictures and seeing all the green and blue was, "Thank goodness summer is here!"

Anonymous said...

and people say that there is nothing exciting going on in Lex.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS