Saturday, June 11, 2011

Little Man in Training

Ben spent the night with me the other day, and while I taught him the term "jerk off" is synonymous with thieves and that when you're really angry, it's okay to beat the hell out of a tree, I did manage to work in some constructive lessons as well.

Last summer when he and Leiah stayed with me, I introduced Ben to doing dishes. He actually liked doing them, and I had a just-right stool that made it an easy enough task. This time, I figured it was time to teach him how to cook eggs.

I don't know what it is about eggs, but the men in my life seem to love them and have a real knack for cooking them. Mack can do a poached egg as well or better than the fanciest restaurant, and both his dad Tom and my dad Steve are masters of the fried egg. I even remember my real dad Greg cooking eggs when I was a little little kid, which is when I learned how to mash the fried egg for a magical egg slurry. Ben needs to be in on this Man Egg Club, which is why I helped him make his first batch of scrambled eggs.


If only he could make the coffee...

4 comments:

Jen said...

I need to try Mack's poached eggs! Is it wrong to invite you guys up to Cincy and then expect him to make me food? : )

And, now that I'm thinking of poached eggs, I'm having a craving for Alfalfa's Eggs Benedict with tomato and avocado ... I need to get to Lexington ASAP : )

Jen said...

Also, Ben is adorable and you are the best Aunt for teaching him life skills! (sorry, the thought of food got me sidetracked)

Lisa said...

You train him right and I've got a couple a girls for him!

Anonymous said...

What a Chef! That dish looks beautiful and I love that big smile! Kudos Auntie Am.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS