Monday, January 30, 2012

In the mood.

Guess who has a test tomorrow? Which is why I also have a party mood board for an upcoming baby shower!

My friend Becky, who I met through the Lexington Art League, is having a girl, and she and her husband Nick are artsy types. They're designing a nursery based on Dave Egger's book It Is Right to Draw Their Fur, which has lots of drawings and sentiments that are funny/tragic/awkward/poetic. Here's one of my favorites:
I love the twisty darkness of the animals and the sayings, but it does make for a challenging baby shower. Lots of artsy types are on the invite list, so rather than typical shower games, we're going to do a Onesie printing activity, where guests get to block print an Eggers-ish animal or an unusual sentiment on a Onesie. I've never done this particular crafty project before, but if it works out, it could become an obsession. You have no idea the instant gratification of cutting stamps.

Now, isn't that more exciting than ulcerative colitis? Or, better yet, anal fistulas?!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Tee hee! I get your jokes.

Jen said...

Want to help me board a bridal shower after you ace your test? : )

PS: Mike's dad has UC, been trying to find remission for over a year : (

Ms. Thomas said...

Has he tried Remicade infusions? You get them about every 8 weeks and they're supposed to help with the inflammation. It's a drug usually used for autoimmune diseases like rheumatoid arthritis, but it's recently been approved for UC. One of my patients last week was getting an infusion for it, which is why I learned all about it.

And YES! I will mood board a bridal shower for you. My next test is Feb. 21 ;)

Jen said...

Yes, he started remicade in November ... I think it's slowly helping. He really needs to work on his diet and keeping a much more detailed food journal than he does, but you can't force him ...

I'll e-mail you about the bridal shower, just need a few ideas : )

You rock, btw, I kept thinking about how creative you are after reading this post last night!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS