A card and phone call from Ruble.
A card and email from Kristin.
A card and text message from Jennifer.
A card from Grandma Laura.
A pair of earrings fixed by Joe.
A cookie from Taraneh.
A card from Gio, who has the same birthday as I do and who turned 25 this year.
A bunch of tulips and half of a cake from Whitney.
A pair of adorables for my feet from Leigh.
A hundred dollars from my mom and dad.
A Microsoft Paint drawing of a chocolate cake from my dad.
A Moosewood Cookbook from Shannon & Charles.
A phone message from my dad Scott, my BFF&E Heather and my dear Elijah.
A pot of fresh coffee from Jordan.
A dinner at Urth from Malissa.
A birthday hymn in English from Leiah, my mom and my dad and in Farsi from Shahin.
A My Little Pony doll and an American Idol iPod toy from McDonald's from Laila (but I had to "give the box back").
A hot air balloon ride over wine country from the Thomases.
A sleek, shiny new silver iPod nano with the Nike athletic attachment from Mack (who obviously thinks the secret to a long life is exercise and not a gin martini after a hard day's work).
A reminder that being 29 is so worth it because of all the wonderful people I've collected over the years.
Thanks to everybody who made it special and supports my month long narcissism. I love you. And me.

3 comments:
Happy Birthday, Amber!
I want to see pics from the Hot Air Balloon ride - that sounds awesome!
A hot air balloon ride! I'm so jealous. I've always wanted to do that.
Post a Comment