Unless you discover Yves® The Good Ground Taco Version (that is not it's real name, I improvised the Taco Version part because I don't know the real name, but I trust that if you find the Yves® stuff you'll discover the taco version line). In which case, taco night is better than ever. I don't particularly like the gristle of ground beef, but I do have a soft spot in my heart for the texture of it. That's why Yves® is so great. It's all crumbly like taco meat is supposed to be, and it perfectly replicates that great envelope-seasoning-mixed-with-water stickiness that taco meat is known for.
As if perfectly mirroring meat weren't enough of a reason to try it out, each of the 12 servings in the package has 0 points if accounted for individually. Even though I usually eat 4-6 of the servings, I tell myself it's all 0 points. And that is why I will never lose weight on Weight Watchers.
The Yves® fiber and protein rich crumbles make taco night everything it's supposed to be. Bring out the black olives!
(*FYI, you'd think the Ortega taco shells would be better for you than the Taco Bell ones, but it turns out that the Ortega ones actually have hydrogenated oils while the Taco Bell ones don't. Yves® is also clear of the hyrogenates. Can we say wonder food?)

2 comments:
Down with the vegetarians!! Down with the vegetarians!
Although I do sometimes succumb to veggie taco night too, which I begrudgingly like, but I forgot the black olives (which I learned are actually pitted green olives dyed black with squid ink).
Still, how many vegetarians are we gonna have in this family? I know charles scored off the charts on the vitamin/anti-cancer test Sid did (were you there for that) but...
Don't hate. Vegetarians will save the world. Vegetarians and walkers.
Respek.
Post a Comment