Sunday, September 16, 2007

My Old Kentucky Home

I just got home from 9 days of lovelies bliss. I spent time with so many people I love I ended up feeling more homesick than I felt before my vacation. It went by way too fast, but here are a few snippets of the whirlwind love tornado express.

Here's the main reason I went home.
Ben was turning ONE YEAR OLD, and since he's so cute they should turn him into candy and sprinkle him on cupcakes, his Auntie Am and Uncle Mack had to go 2000 miles to watch him hit this milestone.

Since little BAM BAM usually comes attached to one of my other lovelies, I also got to see them. And they are so cute they should be turned into red glittery paper and made into Valentines.It just so happened that Jen was also leading a Light the Night team for a walk to raise money for leukemia/lymphoma research while I was home. I only got to spend time near her while we wandered through the streets of downtown Lexington, and mostly I spent that time admiring her from afar. I'm glad I got to be there to support her, and I'm even more glad that I didn't have to wear an "In Memory" shirt with her name on it thanks to all the money raised for research. Donate here.

We went to Rincon to drink margaritas, and Mack and Ben had one too many... laughs! They were cracking each other up. Ben loved pointing at Mack's teeth and then cracking up like I've never heard him crack up. I feel like a hero when I get him to smile by stealing his binkie (a joke I learned from his mom), so I was floored (and impressed) that Mack was able to get him to cackle.


We also got to see lovelies Ruble & Steve and Beth, who I haven't seen in almost a year. The food sucked, but the company was the best helping of good times I've had in a long time. Delicious people with delicious faces and delicious personalities make up for bad fajitas any day. And, then, it was our last day... the big event day... Ben's birthday. He was so good. He had a little nap before his UK party got started, which is good because the UK vs. U of L game that was on after his party was exhausting (for you losers who missed the game, the final two minutes were some of the best in UK football ever... like the LSU game a few years ago only without the devastating ending). He got lots of presents, including a great laptop from his AA and UM and an interesting insect book from his Dude. I also like the "I listen to Led Zeppelin with my Dad" t-shirt and his Dude socks that he got. He's a lucky little boy. And I'm a lucky little aunt/daughter/friend/sister.

7 comments:

Jen said...

Thanks for posting the walk pics!! I'm so glad you came to support the team - and brought reinforcements! I'm sorry there wasn't much one on one time - turns out there's more responsibility than I thought being a team captain... But, it was all worth it - Jen's Lightning Bugs has raised over $6,800 and donations are still trickling in!

Anonymous said...

Ben's so cute! I loved that age.

Anonymous said...

I mean I loved Jonah at that age. I don't remember being one personally.

Shanonita said...

What a cutie. I guess, now that I think about it, Mack's teeth are pretty funny :-/\ (I am just jealous)

Jen-that's awesome! nearly $7K!!

Heather said...

I can't express how sad I am that I didn't even get a mention in the oh so important Amber Blog. Wonder where that awesome UK hat you were wearing came from?
Okay, I am going to cry now.
Great job Jenn, sorry I'm so broke, or I would help reach the $7000 mark.

Ms. Thomas said...

oh heather, just you wait. just you wait.

Heather said...

That's not the answer I was hoping for, you scare me. I just want to be a small blurp in the whole Louisville blog. Usually if I get a seperate blog, it is at the cost of extreme embarassment. PLEASE go easy on me.
I mean after all, I would but spaghetti between my boobs for you, Amber. True Friendship at its finest folks.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS