Saturday, March 03, 2012

Babies belong in skinny jeans.

Because I have not seen her or her wonderful mommy in months, Anna granted me a play date last weekend while she was visiting her Gigi.

She showed me what a good zoo keeper she'd by closing the doors on all the animals on her Busy Poppin' Pals toy. Then she taught me how she keeps her petite frame by doing a quick jumpy workout. Then she got on all fours and demonstrated her new reverse-crawling technique, which is sort of like forward crawling but totally opposite. Then I taught her about those naughty little piggies that are always running off to do errands, and she got a real kick out of the weee-deee-weeeeee-weeeee one.

After about 45 minutes of casting her spell on me, Anna's Gigi came home. I know only an idiot stands between the baby meat and its Gigi, so I stepped aside while Jen's mom fed Anna her homemade lunch. She ate just a few bites, and then the baby angel whose soulful eyes rival those of Hanley got very sleepy. Her Gigi was going to put her down, so I moved in to steal one last cuddle.

That's when Anna grabbed my face, leaned in, and gave me the sweetest open mouth kiss of my life. We are lovahs.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hanley is now very jealous, Aunt Amber: )
(her mom probably is too...)

Jen said...

Anna had a BLAST. She only shows off like that for people she "really, really, really" likes, and apparently you fall into that category : ) Thank you for visiting in the midst of baby shower planning, studying, and being your generally awesome self!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS