Thursday, August 31, 2006

She Lights Up My Life

Jennifer, one of my best and dearest friends in my entire life, overcame her inaugural battle with cancer this year at the ripe old age of 26. I blogged about her chemo experience here, if you need a reason to love her (you'll have to scroll down, since it's a month's archive).

Well, Jen is now helping to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society through the Light The Night Walk in Cincinnati on Sept. 21. I'm donating the little bit of extra money I have because they allowed me to keep my Jennifer.

The treatment regime Jen underwent last year had been published only 6 months prior and was a result of a research study at University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center. She's proof positive that cancer research leads to results! However, research needs funding, especially since she will realistically have to deal with this disease again in the next five years, so I'm asking whoever reads my silly little blog to make a donation, however meager or grand, to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

Donate online quickly and securely, before you forget.

Feel free to link to this entry on your blogs or to send the donation link to your email lists.

Click here to learn more about the Light The Night Walk.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Jennifer! That's the most wonderful news.
I hope the walk is a great success.
Shannon & Charles

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS