It all started with an innocent enough box of Otter Pops. You remember those, the little plastic straw of frozen kool-aid that creates a tangy juice deposit in the bottom of the package, the treat with the just right feel of ice... not too hard, not too soft, the after-school snack you relied on when you first got your braces or during a bout of strep throat, the dessert that got you in trouble for leaving the snipped tops laying all over the kitchen counter and the sucked-dry remnants all over the living room. (I've also known them as Flavor-Ice, but there always seem to be too many oranges and greens in the Flavor-Ice brand.) My box of 24 Otter Pops has grown into a box of 100, literally ripped open at the top and then checked every hour to see if the freezing process had reached Louie-Bloo Raspberry.
They are so good. They are so only 15 calories. They are so a gateway dessert.What Louie-Bloo and his gang of Little Orphan Orange, Strawberry Short Kook, Poncho Punch (he's a randy one!), Alexander the Grape and Sir Isaac Lime have done is make me a sweet junkie. They've conditioned me to want the sugar cleanse after dinner. They've made gum seem like a dentist's recommended substitute.
A word to the wise, or at least those who want to stave off the sweet after you eat disease, step away from the Otter Pops. They're not worth it, man.

5 comments:
I have to admit, there is a half-eaten box of Flavor-Ice in my freezer (I like the green ones). Thanks for warning me about the gateway drugs!
At least you left empty sleeves in the living room. The people at my house leave half-full ones to melt on the living room carpet. Deb, feel lucky. Anyone have some sort of spray that makes children go away?
Child repellant. I looked. I did a google search--and nothing. I am surprised. I even searched for a kind of joke child repellant--nothing.
I do know that whenever my parents kiss it effectively repels Amber from the room and they still use this strategy to this day. Perhaps this will work for you as well.
Shan
I would also leave the room when glasses of tea were being thrown about, so you might try that strategy too.
I love a coconut chocolate chip from Graeters, but alas, no Graeters in Cali...
No Graeters in California...what kind of "perfect" place is that? How you gonna live somewhere where there is a beach and you can walk to everything and all you ever need is a light sweater at the most and not be able to enjoy graeters? May I suggest Ben and Jerry's half baked ice cream. It is chocolate and vanilla ice cream swirlled together with chunks of cookie dough and brownie and it is incredible.
Post a Comment