Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I'm a Loser Baby...

Got a text from Jen a couple weekends ago saying, "I JUST RAN 16 MILES."

That alone made me winded. So, I'm on a Weight Loss Challenge. It's like the 300th one in my life, but this time I have a very clear goal of 10 pounds and am doing it on Capessa so if I don't stick with it, more people than just me and Mack will know. Nashvegas and Meanestmom will also know.

Check out my 10 Pound Challenge blog (there are videos!), and join up if you feel so inclined. Also, invite your friends, family and co-workers who may want some friendly support during this tough, Victoria's Secret swimsuit catalog time of year.

14 comments:

Heather said...

I will get you too fool!

Jen said...

Good for you!! I'll join as soon as the marathon is wrapped up. I have toned up with the training, but not lost any weight because I'm HUNGRY all of the time. So, I figure for once in my life, I'll eat. Because I'm not going to run 26.2 miles in one day with hunger pains. Come May 5 though, I'll need to start working on my wedding weight...

Also, this is the first time I've ever seen you without your glasses on for more than 2 seconds! And, your hair is getting so long - I love it! I need to see you in person very soon!

Ms. Thomas said...

Heather, I can't count you because I know you in my reality sphere and not expressly because of my Capessa persona... which is me but glossier.

How's your challenge coming? I'm so glad you're doing it with me. And Jen, I can't wait for you to join!

Unknown said...

I'm joining too. My graduation falls around your b-day (which i always forget...15th or 16th?) and then my 30th is in July. So I might do a 20 pound challenge to celebrate 2 big things.

Lisa said...

I'm in! For my 30th I got into the best shape of my life by running and lifting weights. But then I moved back to KY and in with David, had a baby, etc, etc. and the pounds creeped back on. Sigh. It's never ending. I'm going to be in a wedding this Memorial Day weekend so I think your 10 pound challenge has come at the perfect time for that little extra motivation I deperately need.

ps I think you look fantastic btw.

Ms. Thomas said...

Yea! I love extra joiners. Come on! Email me your weights and I'll add you to the Goal Getter list!

Anonymous said...

I'm wearing pre-pregnancy jeans. Can I just already qualify as having lost my 10 pounds?

Shanonita said...

the tyranny of scales. i could never weigh myself on a regular basis. it becomes frighteningly obsessive for me. We don't even have a scale in the house. And I was only weighed once when pregnant. I found it very freeing. Good luck to all of you though!

And Liz, you've definitely already lost a tenner. When do we get to see more of baby Samuel?

Renee and I had a chocolate eclair for breakfast : ) hee hee hee

Shanonita said...

you don't look like you need to lose any pounds. where are the pounds coming from?

Ms. Thomas said...

my boobs. thank god. because YOU are supposed to have, in addition to the tightest ass, the biggest boobs.

Shanonita said...

yes, well, all that's over now I'm afraid. and i don't want to try for the rest of my life to get it back. i could do with some exercise though because the other day I ran to catch the bus and it felt like knives were stabbing me in the lungs. not good.

Shanonita said...

just get pregnant already and forget about the ten pounds.

Ms. Thomas said...

you have babies. you make good ones. mine would chew themselves and be itchy all the time. plus, i yell and insult the things i love, which is not good for babies.

Anonymous said...

Babies love getting insulted. I call Sam a fat ass every day:)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS