I took it with me when my marching band went to Washington, D.C., for Bill Clinton's inauguration, and the maid in our hotel, Ngo, stole it.
I cried, my friend Erica Herren called the band instructor, we tried to fight the injustice through the front desk clerk, I wrote an impassioned letter to the maid so she could see it the next day and return Elliot to me, and nothing happened. Elliot and I were separated for life, and every happy memory of my mom and dad being married seemed to disappear with him.
Of all the animals in the world, I think elephants are the most magical. To be so hulking and huge and intelligent and still be vegetarian and able to live peacefully with mice and men (for the most part). There's this one episode of Planet Earth on the Discovery Channel where elephants swim... SWIM!!!... and that turned nature on its head for me. Elephants are beyond definition, beyond any other creature in the animal kingdom. Including people.

5 comments:
That's amazing! The beach kind of looks like the one in Negril! Ahhh, fond memories of your wedding!
Apparently, the universe has directed me back to your blog! I like to spend my saturday mornings with a movie and today I watched "My Kid Could Paint That" a documentary about a 4 yr old girl named Marla who paints abstract art. After watching, I did some research on the internet about Marla and found this article about her that also references painting elephants http://www.slate.com/id/2175311/.
Thought I'd let you know! Before yesterday, I had no idea about painting elephants or 4 yr olds with abilies to make $300,000 for their art.
Sperbeck
Oh I see what you did there... By the title of your post I was afraid you'd post about my wang.
Based on the comment above, Mike and Mack would be BFF if they lived on the same side of the country...
[url=http://dcxvssh.com]LeSSOHyOiD[/url] - caLIzCrzrqkhdsV , http://hhmgziigpu.com
Post a Comment