Friday, April 18, 2008

Wake & Shake

When I moved to California, I got all kinds of fear injections from people wanting me to stay in Kentucky. What about the EARTHQUAKES? The BIG ONE? The DEATH LOOMING JUST BELOW THE SURFACE ON THE SAN ANDREAS FAULT????

Well, I've been here two years and haven't felt a single wobble. If I'd moved from here to Kentucky, I couldn't say the same thing.

So, come on and tell me, what were you doing when it happened? Drugs like the lady in the video? Did your nightstand shake, too?!?! Apparently I have to live vicariously through you Midwesterners for my earthquakes...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well the quake woke me and my husband up that morning. I ask him what he was doing becuase I assumed it was him shakin the bed but anyway that is another story. He told me no it is an earthshake. You know those forein men and how the y get their words mixed up but sure enough he was right.
Amy Jo

Anonymous said...

David and I slept right through it. Our neighbors(the new good ones)felt it though.
Lisa

Jen said...

It woke both Mike and I up and last night there was another aftershock that woke me up about 1:30am. I need these earthquakes to wrap up - they're messing with my sleep!

Philip Deskins said...

I was getting ready for work when I heard what sounded like an underground explosion. What's funny is I heard the same exact noise a few days before. I guess maybe I had a "beforeshock" that was centered right around my 1/2 acre lot that didn't make any of the papers

B$ said...

I was awake and caught it on the early news shortly after the fact. Couldn't feel it from the couch in my parents' basement.

Anonymous said...

slept right thru the dumb thing and was pissed when I heard about it the next morning. Steve woke up and felt all the rumbles. Man! I cannot believe I missed it.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS