Apparently my devotion to blogging has run its course. I've enjoyed doing it for the last couple of years, but life has been stealing my soul, and I can't commit to putting up new material any time in the next few months.
Plus, it doesn't seem like anyone actually reads my blog anymore except for Shannon, Heather, Jen and Lisa. My mom is not even included in that list. When your mom quits finding you interesting, it's a sign to throw in the towel.
Rest assured that I'll keep accepting your phone calls and reading your blogs and chatting with you on IM when I see you there, but as for blogging, it's time to hang it up. If Phil can't find the time to update, why should I?
I still hope to write, but instead of putting little snapshots of things no one cares about on Like A Twister, I think I should spend more time seriously writing. About things that matter. And the pain of living. Serious things. Things that I understand. And that don't get enough attention.
Lately I just feel like I have to put on a facade when I write, like I have to be this perky, introspective, witty person, and I'm not. Not anymore.
For all of you who have enjoyed my blog, I'm glad I made something you liked. I know not many people care about my cashew cheddar cheese or the porn artwork I found in Santa Barbara, but if anything I said made you laugh, then it was worth it.
One of the things I'll miss the most is putting up pictures of all the reunions I get to have since moving away. They really do show some of my happiest moments, and it's nice to have a virtual scrapbook to scroll through sometimes.
Of course, there's always Snapfish and Photobucket for that. I don't need to maintain a blog.
Lastly, I just want to say goodbye, good luck and good riddance.
So, I guess the best way to sum it up would be to read the first letter of each paragraph going from top to bottom, and then leave me a parting comment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
You witster! I check and read your blog every day! I vow to comment more in the future!
Your virtual best friend,
Melissa S
You got me! I was really going to give it to you too. I've totally forgotten about April Fool's Day while suffering from strep throat and double ear infections(unfortunately not a joke).
You better be kidding... I don't talk or text or IM or any of those other things with you enough to not have your blog to read.
LKS
also, I had no idea this might be joke until I saw Mel & Lisa's comments. I'm slow...
One of my favorite work friends sent me a letter like this this morning telling me he was quitting, which would make my life a new level of miserable, so I thought I'd try it out on the ol' blog. Hee hee. Happy April Fools!
you suck, I was fooled. I was also thinking, damn her, she got me into blogging and now she is quitting?
Man, Lisa is good. I never would have caught on that it was an April Fool's post. You sounded very unhappy with the world, glad it's a hoax!
btw, i don't think cashew cheddar cheese could be less fattening than real cheddar cheese.
I was about to fly out to LA to ring your neck after reading this! For once, I actually followed instructions and realized it was a joke before I spent money on a ticket! You better never, ever quit the blog! Even if it means reading about vegan recipes for the rest of my life, I'll always be a loyal reader!!
Love you!!
I was going to be very sad. I look forward to reading this blog. Remeber I am stuck here in the country and you are my weekly dose of a smart savy girl that I need to pick me up.
Amy Jo
I care deeply about your porn.
Amy Jo, the Amy Jo, the American Idol Amy Jo Champion of the World, reads MY blog?!!! Well, then, that settles it. I'm blogging FOREVER!
And thanks Liz. If anyone can appreciate my porn, it's you.
Love to yous all.
Post a Comment