Monday, April 07, 2008

This Is the New Mullet. Please Stop It Already.

I'm not sure how this happened or why, but this ridiculous hairdo should be illegal in 49 states. It can be allowed in New Jersey, but other than there, no way.
I think it might have been inspired by Growing Up Gotti on A&E, but it's been a while since that show was on and I can't imagine this style lasted longer than that reality show. Although, to be fair, reality shows can't be gelled into permanence.
For some reason, it seems that this hair style is always coupled with an unbuttoned shirt with popped collar, a fitted wife beater tank or a tee shouting "ARMANI EXCHANGE" in a dangerous font. I presume the unbuttoned shirt is for the pleasure of the people, who, unbeknownst to us, like looking at prepubescent chests and finely manicured happy trails. The wife beater and the Armani Exchange garb, I think that's just so they look rich... or at least too sexy to care that they're poor.
Please Note: This guy is partying in a utility room.

The other thing that's interesting to note about this style is that it's just not complete without a layer or ten of fake tan, preferably in a hue that matches an Oompa Loompa. Especially if it's prom night. And you're barely 5 feet tall. 
The finishing touch to complete this look is what I call "the asshole pucker." I think boys do this because they think it makes them look tough, like they're getting their mugshot taken and they just don't give a fuck in fact they care so little that they want to look like their blowing a kiss to all their bitches. It actually makes them look like they're signaling for a "daddy."
Please Note: This guy waxes his eyebrows and wears lipgloss. 
I can't explain what's happening with the chin strip.

Is there no limit to how awful this look can be? No. Which is why it must be stopped.
[On a side note, while looking for photos that could help me express these sentiments I stumbled across Hot Chicks with Douchbags, a site that needs no further explanation. Although I should add that it has commentary and addresses accessories such "the ubiquitous red cup."] 

3 comments:

Shanonita said...

where are those people from? they are not from planet earth. oompa loompa for sure. very very funny! guys here seem to either shave their head or gel it like that. it's strange because it's so obvious that they spend a LOT of time on their hair and I just don't find that attractive in a guy. hair vanity = boring fake tan=absolutely inconceivable. I think I did a spray tan thing once. I am not sure if I did it or I dreamt I did it. It seems so clear I must have done it. YOu go in a room and get airbrushed? I think I covered my face though and I didn't turn orange. What do you have to do to turn so orange?

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh. I haven't noticed that in KY. Maybe it's just an LA thing. I hope.

Anonymous said...

It's the sunburned spent all day standing up on a speed boat look- nice.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS