Tuesday, May 20, 2008

30 Down, 300 to Go

Since I'm planning to live mostly for forever, I decided that for my 30th birthday I probably ought to get a beauty regime.

I don't shower everyday, don't put on deodorant every day, and don't brush my hair everyday, so a beauty regime is a bit of an undertaking. If I look close enough to my best with minimal effort and awkwardly my best with extra effort, beauty for me just isn't worth... well.. the effort.

My new beauty regime is based on multiple magic potions that I learned about from the lady who invented my DIY French manicure kit. I did an interview with her a while ago, recruited her to write for Capessa, became enlightened about collagen and the size of Vitamin C molecules, and gained access to wholesale pricing.

Prior to getting a price break, I was keeping myself up by dusting my eyelids with skin-colored shadow to cover some blood vessels that showed up when I turned 25 and using the glare from my glasses to downplay the tired hue of purple under my eyes. That was working well enough until fine lines started accentuating my mouth and a few ravines of worry/annoyance started traversing my forehead. Because I didn't wear nearly enough sunscreen as a child. Or last year.

Now my bathroom vanity is like a chemistry lab, complete with droppers and small glass bottles of active liquid. I have about as much grace dripping Vitamin C serum on my face as I do putting on eyeliner, but I guess I'll just have to get better over time. Like I usually do...

2 comments:

Jen said...

I'm kind of OK with the non-daily showers, but no fresh deodorant? Ewwwwww!

I'm a sucker for economical simplicity (aka Neutrogena and Oil of Olay) and free samples from my dermatologist BFF. Let me know if your concoctions work, I'm only a year behind you and probably need to start caring more, one of these days...

What did you do for your birthday?

Jen said...

So, funny story. I'm getting my birthday facial today and the lady doing the work starts talking up vitamin C! She gave me a sample and also put me on "ingredient police" for all of my current products. I'm supposed to throw out anything with mineral oil or petroleum in it. Who knew??!!

Anyway, let us know how the Vitamin C is working! She mentioned that it can even start to reverse the signs of sun damage! Goodness knows I need that!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS