Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Trouble Makers Have More Fun

You know you're entirely too close to someone when they're farts are familiar to you. That's the way it is with Heather. I have been smelling this girl's colon for my entire life. And even though I know she comes with squirty toots that you can taste if you're in an enclosed space, I still would have her visit every single day if I could.

[In a complete coincidence, Mack just farted as I wrote this and then broke out with, "I'm bringing Heather back..." to the tune of Sexy Back. He gets it.]

That girl makes me laugh til I drool every time. She is a trouble magnet, and potentially regrettable things happen when she's around... not bad things, just potentially oopsie ones. Like this:
The first night she got here, we went out with my friend Gio, who shares my birthday and my delight in taking innocent yet incriminating photos that would be completely inappropriate without the forgiveness of Pabst Blue Ribbon. He was so much fun he drunk texted my mom, tinged Heather and my Facebook statuses/stati with naughtiness, and got to hold our purses the 11 times we peed in the alley.
He also got to take the above reference innocent yet incriminating photos.
On Saturday we woke up, went to breakfast at my favorite diner, and then headed to Abalone Cove to see if the tide pools my neighbor told me about actually existed. When Jen visited last year, we hiked around looking for these stinking tide pools and could not find them anywhere. Jen was in a sundress and heeled flipflops and was either going to cry or kill me if I did not get her out of that failed outing immediately. Well, this time, with accurate tide charts in hand, we made it. And it was freaking awesome!
We saw orange starfish, maroon starfish, baby starfish, teenage starfish, adult starfish, sea vaginas, hermit crabs, bright purple sea urchins and tons of birds. Enjoy this slideshow music compilation courtesy of $3 and Animoto.com, which I also love.



We also discovered squirters. Some of you may know squirters as something else, but all we knew was that as we were walking around the tide pools trying not to step on sea urchins, some things would periodically squirt water at us. We channeled our inner scientists and named them after one of Mark Carrothers' old girlfriends. Would you be surprised that it was Heather's idea? Naaah.

Sunday was basically as perfectly lazy as it should have been. We walked up to Venice Beach, laid in the grass, read books, took photos of Sadie playing outside, took medicine for our aching calves, went to sushi for dinner, and vegged like the champion vacationers we are.

She left on Monday morning, and even with daylight savings time, it's been a little less sunny without Heather's spontaneity and easy laugh. She is good for the soul. And the devil inside.

6 comments:

Jen said...

I'm so jealous that Heather got to see the tide pools at the cove!!

Anonymous said...

You guys are so cute!

Lisa said...

Did you notice a lot of RVs? We saw a special last night about a big problem with RVs parking all over Venice Beach.

Ms. Thomas said...

That's so funny. The artists who hawk their wears or perform on Venice Beach park their RVs along the streets near businesses or parks in Venice, but the residents don't like them because they are big and completely crammed to the brim and unsightly. They just passed an ordinance to give street parking to residents only instead of the public, which doesn't really do much for the RVs because there was already a law that a vehicle taller than 6' can't be parked in front of a residence. I didn't really think they were a plague on Venice Beach or anything, but some of them are really pathetic looking and I get why the residents raised the issue. I just hope they didn't scare our resident freaks away. I love our freaks.

Heather said...

So sorry Jenn, you can always go back!

Anonymous said...

Heather and Amber, each the alter-ego of the other. Keep going strong you two. You're gonna need each other for good times when and while navigating the rough times. PENIS, anyone?
PUSSY, Heather, hmm? Well are ya?

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS