Monday, April 13, 2009

Kentucky in the Springtime

A couple of weeks ago, I went to Keeneland with my mom, dad, Shan, Chaz and my aunt Mary and Uncle Bob. We bet on horses, drank beer, smoked cigars and enjoyed the sweet smell of fresh air. It was just one of those days that felt perfect and left a lingering happiness that'll probably last all season long.
Charles studies up on the horses.
Aunt Mary & Uncle Bob made the trek from St. Louis.
Shannon is as pretty as the weather.
Mom starts with the winning.
Daddy gets serious about it.
The cigars make it official.
Thanks again, Keeneland.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Are you still in KY? Feel free to stop by!

Jen said...

Such great pictures! You are so very talented! Have I told you that lately? MUAH!

Anonymous said...

WHAT?!?! Keeneland without me!! There has to be a good explanation. Was I just outta town or something? BTW--Awesome pics. It makes Keeneland more majestic than it already is when seen in black and white.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS